Monday, July 6, 2009

Thankful for the Sacrifice

I am thankful for the sacrifice that was made and is continually made for my freedom here in the United States. As Robyn and I sat and watched with fireworks with friends and family that were able to join us (I missed those that couldn't be there by the way), I thought about the importance of showing Cyrus about sacrifice when he is old enough. It is a concept that I hope he will fully understand, and appreciate. As I watched the fireworks going off in the air, I was reminded what it must have been like. I don't think people sat in lawn chairs and said "awwww pretty..." When the real deal was happening, people were dying and, and at the same time freedom was being won. How bitter sweet it must have been! Those that died had something inside of them that said, if I don't make it out of here alive at least there is still a chance that my family and friends can enjoy freedom. dude... that is sacrifice. It is one thing to do something for your own gain. It is another to sacrifice your all, for someone elses gain. I am thankful that I have a cause worth dieing for today. Lord, help us to die to self so others can gain there Independence from the grip of the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment