Friday, May 29, 2009

Quick to Love - Slow to Judge

I have been thinking a lot about judging people and standing up for the truth. Where is the balance here? If I say something is wrong that someone is doing, aren't I judging them? Can I just judge the sin and not the person...? idk.. Certainly, I shouldn't just ignore and turn my head to the bad things that people do right? (I can tell this whole post is going to be pretty random, so, I am sorry but try to follow along) I read in Romans 14 today and it is addressing the issue of what food is right and what food is wrong to eat. Paul says: who cares? let people do what they want to do in this area. Don't judge them. Who are you to judge anyway? he doesn't think that any food is unclean, but if someone does that is ok if that is what they want to believe, because they are doing so unto God. that is very interesting, because we obviously can't apply that to every situation can we? I don't think so. If we did it would be complete anarchy. I have learned this over the years: people are much more willing to accept criticism of there life, if they first know that you love them. Not just pretend to love them, but truly love them. When we tell someone we don't know that what they are doing is wrong, they get defensive right? but if approach someone you have a good relationship with you can do that, and they understand that what you are doing is trying to help, because there is a foundation of love. The key to everything we do for Christ is that we must do it in love. quick to love, slow to judge... maybe that should be the rule to live by... Lord, help me understand this!

No comments:

Post a Comment