Friday, May 22, 2009

Reality

Forgive my lack of discipline over the last two weeks!!! :) It has been so busy lately it has been crazy! I also, have been meeting with some people in the mornings for breakfast, and that has kinda thrown a kink in the whole blog thing... So, I gotta get something worked out because I like blogging, and I need to blog. It is good for me! Last night I went home and took a nap for a couple of hours and it was wonderful. It has pretty much been a couple weeks of 16-17 hour days, and my poor body revolted last night. lol It felt so good to rest! I am thankful for awesome friends who encourage me and lift my spirit through the week. It kept me going! :) anyways...

We are getting ready to launch a series on "Reality" for the summer at youth. It is one we have done in the past, and it is really powerful. I want to talk about the reality of the issues of our world today, and also about the reality of who Jesus really is. Many times our views of him are messed up. It is my desire to lead people in a walk with God that is not fake, and one that permeates every part of there life. That means it is more than just church on Sunday. The fact is that Jesus probably wouldn't be welcome in most of our churches today, because he would be to extreme. His views and actions would be way to radical! The reality is that he is the "lamb of God" but he is also the "Lion of Judah". He is not tame, he is not controllable. What is the reality? Let's throw everything on the table and look at it. Do we just believe it because we have always believed it? If so , maybe we are wrong... I'm excited about this! I am excited about truth being revealed perhaps for the first times in peoples lives, and I am excited for genuine walks with God that are real!

No comments:

Post a Comment