Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Value of Proverbs

When I meet with my friend Max on Wednesday mornings, we each flip through the book of Proverbs and pick one out, and talk about it. The wisdom in this book of the Bible is unmatched by any other writing. I continually need reminded of right and wrong. I think it is interesting how we can get in complex situations and struggle with what decision to make, but when we boil that tough situation down to what it really is; there you will find a proverb that spells it out black and white what the righteous would do. It brings the simple truths of life into light, and guides us to live like Jesus. When we step back and look at our situation and forget about our self-centered emotions for second, what we need to do is simple in most cases. I am thankful that God gives me easy to understand instruction for my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment