Friday, December 12, 2008

Desire vs Discipline

Sometimes we hear statements that stick with us and change our perspective on things. I love it when that happens because it means I am learning. I heard a pastor say once that discipline is the lowest form of sonship/relationship. If we have to do things out of discipline it means we really don't want to but we will anyway because it is the right thing to do. He proceeded to say that when we WANT to serve God, and pray and read our Bibles it is much more pleasing to him. Discipline is important because sometimes that is what it takes to do what we need to do, but how much greater is it to desire to do the things of God! David said in Psalm 40:8 "I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." That is my prayer for today, to desire to do God's will. I hope it your prayer today to; not out of discipline but out of desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment