Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Living Beyond our Means Spirtually

I am pretty big on living within my means financially. This is good stewardship of the money God has provided. I saw a news story the other day about a family who's house was taken back by the bank. His payments for this house were 2000 dollars a month, and the bank had raised the payment to 4000 a month and he could not afford it. I was amazed at someone paying 2000 a month for a house! I am sure he was in a different part of the country where housing costs more but still, had he bought a house for 1000 and it doubled to 2000 he would have been fine. Often times I take my approach to money and use that when I am doing ministry. However God works differently and it is one of those many things I am working on. The whole idea of doing something great for God is to do something amazing. Something extraordinary! Think about the 5 loaves and 2 fish. To look at that from a human perspective says that is beyond our means to feed all 5000 of these people with what we have. But God's kingdom doesn't work that way, when we are following him we have no limits on what we can do, so we need to change our perspective in situations like that and step out in faith. We are called not to live within our means spiritually, but instead called to live within God's means. Oh, and by the way his resources are unlimited! :) Let's do something great for God today!

No comments:

Post a Comment