Thursday, December 18, 2008

Priority Contracts

At work we have contracts with our customers, depending on what type of contract they have with us depends on what kind of priority they get. As an employee I have a contract to work for my company, and in turn all employees are bound to the contracts the company makes with our customers. But work is not the only place where there are contracts. When we accept Christ we have accepted a contract, and also when we get married we have done the same. The Bible calls them covenants. I hear a lot at work about "this is a high priority customer" or "they have a high priority contract". That is all well and good from 8am to 5pm, but after that I am breaking other contracts when I am working, and despite the biggest contract at work it is so very tiny compared to the contract I have with God and with my wife, and now my son.

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Contracts are all about the price that was paid for them. the verse above says it all. Christ, the son of God, poured out his blood for me. It is critical that I honor this covenant above all others. Second I honor my wife, which in a since is a sub-covenant of the first since our marriage is based on Christ. third, to be a father to my son. fourth, to the ministry God has called me to, and finally the contract with my work. I challenge you evaluate your "high priority" contracts and put things into perspective today. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment