Friday, April 24, 2009

Is it from God or Not?

I often battle with the thoughts that I have. I ask myself, "was that from God, or was it just a random thought?" I begin to rationalize and think away things of God. To often I believe I have held things in when I should have shared. I have thoughts like, what did I do today that would have caused me to think that?, or better not say that, because if you are wrong, it may make you and God look foolish. I want to be sensitive to what God is saying and be obedient to him. I have seen and heard stories of many fools, and false prophets who "have a word from God" and it is totally off base. The thing is, just because some people have messed this up doesn't mean that God doesn't speak to us in that way. I am trying to step out more. To share the thoughts that God has given me. You know, sometimes I may be wrong, but that is ok. We live and we learn. Especially when what we are sharing lines up with his word, we can be confident and share if he asks us to share. I am thankful that God is patient and kind, and I am thankful he is a great teacher. Lord help us to hear you today, and be confident in what you ask us to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment