Thursday, April 30, 2009

Love God.... Love People... Be Like a Child...

One of the the great themes of the week was to love God, and to love people. I am thankful for the wisdom of our speaker Dick Foth this week, as he spoke these simple words so impactfully. It is a simple message that all can understand. Seriously, if we can do that we will be successful to further God's kingdom. I have noticed something over the last several months. It is something that if I get it now, can make a huge impact on my life and others around me. Children, that are brought up in good homes very easily love God and love people. Typically, they are very quick to forgive when offended as well. As we get older, and become more independent things change and we get away from that. As young adults we are at the "prime of our lives"! or are we??? If I were to stereotype my age group, I would say that generally we are consumed, with making a name for ourselves, in business, in ministry, and in the community. After years of hard work, we will slowly begin to realize that we ONLY need to love God, and love people; like a child does. Those who are wise come full circle. realizing that the perspective they had when they started, is the one they should have kept. We can do all of these great things in buisness, ministry, and community to glorify God, but I often battle that pride that sneaks in. Those thoughts come to mind... "Hey look at you!" - "These people should be thankful to have you around" - "This great thing couldn't have happened unless you were here". Love God! Love People! Love God! Love People! Oh, I pray for wisdom that I can gain this understanding now. I want to make a name for you Lord. To you be all the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment