Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Battle Ground

I was reading Psalm 18 this morning, and it is a psalm about war or at least a battle. Here is a part of it:

Psalm 18:34-40 34 He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. 35 You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. 36 You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn. 37 I pursued my enemies and overtook them; I did not turn back till they were destroyed. 38 I crushed them so that they could not rise; they fell beneath my feet. 39 You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet. 40 You made my enemies turn their backs in flight, and I destroyed my foes.

Some of our soldiers may relate to this in midst of battle, but what about those who are not in Iraq or Afghanistan, or in some other war going on right now? Does this relate to us?

I believe it does. This is one of the things I love about the old testament. I can read something and say I am not in the that situation, or we don't do that anymore, then I realize that what happens in the old testament in the physical, in most situations if not all, happens today in the spiritual. Today, our battle ground is the hearts of people. We must fight and wage war and take back what the enemy has taken away. As we pray we need to remember that our prayers are launching a full missile attack on the enemy. Not so much that we are fighting him directly, but we call upon the power of God. that is what makes us effective. Let us fight the good fight and win back the hearts of the lost and hurting!

No comments:

Post a Comment