Monday, March 9, 2009

Freedom

I talked about the freedom gene last night. It is part of our "High Gene" series that we are doing in youth group. I found some good stuff. God will not reject us if we come to him. We studied Hosea who was actually commanded by God to marry an adulteress woman. (yeah, weird I know...) The point that he makes is amazing though. Hosea, was told to love the woman unconditionally, no matter how she cheated on him or how she treated him. Then the picture unfolds as it is revealed that when we are disobedient to God it is the same thing. God knows one thing; love... I am glad that no matter what we do we can approach him and he continues to love us. Sometimes we have this "I know what I deserve" kinda thought put in our heads and it drives us further from God, because we don't want to get "what we deserve". Gods grace is amazing though, and he anxiously awaits to restore us! He is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment