Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Confrontational Jesus

Yesterday was a busy day, dealing with issues after the storms rolled through the area the night before, so I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday. But today I do! I read in Mark chapter 8. Jesus loves us, and is very compassionate, but he is also confrontational. Not for the sake of confrontation, but for the sake of being obedient to his father and to be truthful and loving. To accept the loving Jesus only is comfortable, and pleasant and works out well for us. To accept Jesus fully for who he is a lot tougher! For me personally to live like confrontational Jesus is really difficult. I don't like to cause problems. I want everyone to be happy. But the question is do I love them enough to be confrontational. Jesus in chapter 8 goes through the whole multiplication of loaves of bread and fish for all the people following him for the second time, and the disciples still really don't get it. Later, he tells Peter, "Get behind me Satan" The Pharisees want a sign from him and he doesn't give them one, and then later talks to the disciples about the yeast of the pharisees, and they are still on the bread thing! And I think Jesus gets a little aggravated with them. I am convinced that I need to work more on be confrontational at the right times and in the right way, yet still be loving and compassionate. One of our students shared something in youth service on Sunday that was right on. I later had a separate conversation with someone who had positively been confrontational and made a difference in someones life that day. When things like that happen back to back, it is usually safe to say God is trying to tell you something. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment