Monday, March 30, 2009

Physical Health and Spiritual Health

I had two different discussions this morning before 9:00 am about the desire to get in shape physically. I actually really enjoy working out, but I certainly haven't always done it regularly. Sometimes it does not have the priority it should have. Sometimes I have things of greater importance to do, other times I don't want to pay for a gym membership cause I am cheap! :) However, it is important to work out physically. It is important for the obvious reason of being healthy physically, but it is also important for our spiritual lives. I feel healthier spiritually when I am healthier physically. I have more energy, to do the things of God. It is a worthy investment to do something everyday to improve our physical health, as it is a worthy investment to do something to improve our spiritual health. Here is one of those things that does not make a lot of since logically - If you are tired all the time, go work out so you wont be tired... :) It's true though! initially of course you will be tired, but overtime energy seems to increase. The physical affects the physical and the spiritual. Just a the spiritual affects the spiritual and the physical (healings and things like that). We are the temple of the Holy Spirit, so we should take care of ourselves. Also, it is time for an increase in our energy level as Christians. It is a worthy investment to the kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment