Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Effectiveness of the Sacrifice

Leviticus 5:17 17 "If a person sins and does what is forbidden in any of the LORD's commands, even though he does not know it, he is guilty and will be held responsible.

When I read this verse this morning, I found myself thankful for all that God forgives me of. Even things that I do unintentionally, that I don't even know are wrong, I am forgiven. It is just amazing how complete his sacrifice was! I also had a powerful thought yesterday when I was reading other verses in Leviticus. In old testament times those that needed to be forgiven put their hands on the head of the animal to transfer sin from them to the animal. As their hand was on the animal, it was killed and sacrificed. Can you imagine placing your hand on the head of Jesus as he was wiped, or as he was crucified, or as he took his last breath! WOW! Then to think that he wants you to do that! He wants us to bring everything that is evil, and un-holy to him. That is some crazy love. (that isn't out of the book by the way) As I finished in Leviticus I jumped over to psalm 8. "who am I that you are mindful of me" check it out and have a great day!

Psalm 8:1-9 Psalm 8:1 For the director of music. According to gittith. A psalm of David. O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. 2 From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger. 3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, 4 what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? 5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. 6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet: 7 all flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field, 8 the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. 9 O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment