Monday, February 2, 2009

Not My Will, But Yours Be Done

I wonder how many times I have prayed my will instead of Gods this past week. In this book I am reading; "With Christ in the School of Prayer" by Andrew Murray, I have found myself diving into the in's and out''s of prayer. During breakfast this morning Pastor Al and I talked about praying for God's will. It is such an interesting subject. Some people honestly are just seeking Gods will for a situation, others use the line as an escape route in case their prayer doesn't come out the way they prayed it would. In the first scenario, they are seeking the perfect answer from God. I think that is good thing. I mean nothing is more perfect than God's will. On the second scenario, we see a lack of faith. there is doubt in that prayer. All of what is available from God is found with a basis of faith. What a topic! We are to be believing God for great things, yet be in his will, yet not get our will confused with his. Wow... I want what comes out of me to be Gods will! As I pursue my quest of break through in my prayer life and draw closer to him I am still reminded that God hears all our prayers and he knows our hearts. I'm simply hungry for more! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment