Thursday, February 12, 2009

Installing the King

Psalm 2: 6-9 -I have installed my King on Zion, my holy hill. I will proclaim the decree of the Lord. he said to me, "You are my Son today I have become your Father. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. You will rule them with an iron scepter; you will dash them to pieces like pottery."

The part about installing the king jumped out at me this morning. Made me think of the inauguration. The one who was chosen will rule right? It is interesting that he says that "you will rule them with an iron scepter" This is another passage that shows us the servant leadership of Christ. We make him our king and we reap all the benefits it seems! Jesus is made king of our lives and we get an instant stimulus package. The difference between America's and God's is that God can afford what he gives out, and there are no hidden agenda's no special int rest groups. It pure and holy. Wow! OK, so there are about 4 or 5 blogs I could do out of these verses. Here is what I am gathering out of these few verses: God considers us a son, or daughter. He enables us to do great things. He teaches us to serve by serving us. And we must chose him and install him as king, and proclaim his decree!

Lord, help us to live with you as our installed king today!

No comments:

Post a Comment