Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Living & Dynamic Word of God

Have you ever noticed how when you read something in the Bible once, and then go back to it again, you get something totally different out of it? How amazing is God, that he can give us these physical words on a page and cause them to come alive in our spirit! And then to come alive in different ways. I, for some reason still have those times when it is like, yeah, yeah, yeah, David and Goliath; I know how this goes... Then you read it and study it and something new comes out. It is kinda like the rock hit me in the head instead of Goliath! lol. I was reading in Mark chapter 13 today. (those of you who read this regularly may be noticing a pattern :) ) I was encouraged by the fact that as things get more difficult and times get tougher, we can look more expectantly towards the return of Christ. This is where our hope comes from, and this is one of the things I love about God. His plan is such that if times are good we can praise him and enjoy those times, and when times are bad, we can still praise him and look forward the time to come, because it is near! I guess you can't keep a good christian down! OK, now this is the part that was new to me. He talks about the twigs on the fig trees in the winter getting tender, and as they do they begin to bloom because summer is near (v.28) As we are injured our wounds our very tender. I am referring to physical and emotional. My prayer for us as believers is that we will begin to bloom when we are tender, in the blessed hope of Christs return!

No comments:

Post a Comment