Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Knowing Love

I read in Mark 15 this morning. God once again ties together different parts of my life into a central theme. The theme is pure love. Valentines day this weekend, my brother in law and his wife are renewing their vows this weekend, I have had an increased number of talks with people about relationships, I watched Fireproof last night (which is a powerful movie about a fireman who fights to save his marriage), and now this morning I read about the Crucifixion of Christ. Oh, and not mention that I have this book that was recommended to me called "crazy love". gee God are you trying to get my attention??? :) The big theme that God seems to be placing in my heart is that we must truly know his love in order to properly love others. He is so selfless, and he is God. He is the only one that actually has the right to be self-centered, and yet he is not! As I read about the people mocking him on the cross, I realize it was the pure love of God that kept him on the cross. He could have become the Lion of Judah, but instead played the role of Lamb of God while he hung there. God help me grow deeper in your love today!

No comments:

Post a Comment