Friday, January 23, 2009

Being Sold Out to Christ

In Mark chapter 3, people are accusing Jesus of being possessed by an evil spirit. Jesus explains that there accusation makes no sense. Why would he cast out demons if he is working for Satan! Isn't that a little counter productive? He talks about how a divided kingdom cannot stand. Some days I feel like a divided kingdom. I have those days when I feel like Paul did when he said in Romans 7:15 "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." Wasn't Paul sold out to Christ? Was he like a divided kingdom? I don't think he was, and this is why. It kinda goes back to my earlier blogs. this is a matter of the heart. Paul, didn't tell God to back off while he went to go live the way he wanted for a while. Remember, he said what he hates he does. So he didn't like what he was doing. I think we have a real problem if we love the sinful things we do and love God. Revelation talks about being lukewarm.

Revelation 3:15-16 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm-- neither hot nor cold-- I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

Believing in Jesus is not a 1/2 hearted thing. It is not "just a Sunday thing". It is not a "just when it is convenient thing". When Jesus called his disciples he said to leave everything and follow him. We all do things we shouldn't, and with God's help he will help us overcome them, but first our hearts must be sold out him!

No comments:

Post a Comment