Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Presence of God cannot be stolen

In my study of Romans the book I am reading talks about being able to be in the presence of God after salvation. It refers to the veil being ripped and God no longer being confined to the temple. The presence of God rested between to Cherubim on the ark of the covenant within the temple. Then I thought we are the temple of the Holy Spirit now, and he dwells within us. We have the presence of God within us! It made me wonder if there are cherubim surrounding me? Now, I have not really studied and it may be completely wrong, but it sure is an interesting thought. You know the Cherubim stood out side the garden of Eden to keep man from getting back in. They had flaming swords! (I want a flaming sword :) that would be cool!) This just hit me though... The Cherubim were protecting the presence of God from the enemy (us) at the gates of Eden. Now by the atonement made for our sin we are justified. It's gotta be like going to a concert and showing the cherubim the backstage pass! This is really cool. I gotta study this more! This got really deep really fast! Let me know what you think! have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment