Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Unique Control

I find it amazing how in control God is sometimes, in this seemingly out of control world. Some days it feels like total chaos. As I continue to walk with God; time after time I see his purpose in what seems to be chaos at first. God gives us free will to choose him or reject him, yet he is in complete control. This comes from his ability to know everything, past, present, and future. He knows what will happen, and what choice we will make in response to what happened. I read about how God worked throughout Israel's history this morning. He was never surprised when they turned from him. He was not wondering what he was going to do now that "his people" had fallen away from him. I know that God is in control today as he is everyday. My job is to choose to follow him and know that whatever I face, if I am seeking him, it is going to be OK. I was talking to a student this week, and he was concerned that a choice he made was not the right one even though it was Biblical. I assured him that no matter what we face, as long as we are doing what God wants we can rest assured that we are doing the right thing. Really, that is our only task that we are responsible for. As long as we love him and follow him, we have done the right thing.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment