Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ideal situations (idle situations)

I have found myself falling behind on some things, and have been trying to figure out why. I have come to this conclusion. I want to do things when I have no other distractions around. for instance, I am studying for a class this weekend I am taking. It seams that I keep putting it off. My excuse... is that I want to have a time when I can just study for a several hours and get through the whole thing at once. My wanting to wait for an ideal situation has lead me to an idle situation as far as studying goes. Now at times we need to wait on God, and wait for his timing, like when Robyn and I were waiting to get pregnant. That was the right time to wait. waiting for the perfect situation to study is not the time to wait. A little bit here, a little bit there, and it will get done. It is the same way with witnessing I think. I so often want an ideal situation, and it turns into an idle situation. Let's not let waiting for ideal situations to be an excuse today not to get things done!

No comments:

Post a Comment