Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Lostness of Humanity

I am studying Romans for my class this week. I wanted to share this great paragraph I read:

"You will never know the ecstasy of salvation until you know the depth of your sinfulness. You will never know how wonderful it is to be saved until you know how lost you really are. You will never know the price of your redemption until you know the terrible offensiveness of your sin. You will never know the purity of God until you face the corruption of your heart. And you will never know how high you have risen in Christ until you know how far you have fallen in sin."

I just thought that was a great point to remember this morning. Every time I grow in my walk with God it is because I understand on a deeper level what he did in my life, and I find myself once again amazed at the awesome grace and mercy of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment