Monday, January 26, 2009

Winter Camp Anticipation

It's Monday and I am already anxiously awaiting Friday! Not because this week is going to be bad, but because the weekend is going to be that good! I am going to get to camp out in the snow this weekend, which to most is not exactly something to look forward to. But I see it as a challenge, and it is a sign that I am not getting "too old" :) In our media driven culture to go camping gives me a sense of relief. A break from the constant bombardment of advertisements and music and podcast and TV shows, and on and on... I learned this weekend that we have traded rest for entertainment. that is so true. our idea of rest is to, go out and watch a movie, or go on vacation and push ourselves to see every attraction that we can in a short amount of time. We often come back from vacation more tired than when we left. What's up with that?! what are we thinking?! This weekend I want to sit around a campfire and do things at my own pace. if I get ambitious I will go shoot something and eat it. maybe play some hockey on pond, but only when I feel like it. This weekend I'm just going with the flow, and God is totally cool with rest. He set the example by resting on the 7th day. I'm excited to be obedient and rest this weekend! Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment