Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Jesus the Leader

I have been learning about how Jesus led people. It is so different than how the rest of the world has always done it. The rest of the world fights for the top position and will do whatever it takes to keep it. It is pretty much like king of the mountain. Jesus enabled others to get to the top of the mountain. Jesus sent out his disciples in Mark chapter 6 to go and perform miracles. If I were Jesus I wouldn't have done that quite as easily. I would have thought, I have established this reputation of doing miracles and if they can do it too then why should I be the leader instead of one of them. But Jesus is secure in who he is and is not concerned about how he looks from a worldly perspective. He holds the high office of servant. Jesus even said greater things than these will you do (in referring to miracles). the worldly leader says you will never do anything better than me! That is why I am the leader! To be like Jesus we have to allow him to pretty much break every natural tendency we have. It's crazy. then the other side of this is that Jesus was very strong at the same time. It is amazing! To lead like Jesus is going to be an ongoing task for the rest of my life. Looking forward to it! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment