Friday, January 2, 2009

Investing in People

I find myself so busy sometimes that I don't take time to share and listen to those around me on a personal level. I took some time this new years eve to do that and it was great! I love to hear what is going on in peoples lives, what struggles they face and then to offer hope and encouragement and truth. Time seems to get the best of me sometimes, but to pour into the lives of those who I have the privilege to lead is a privilege and an amazing responsibility! Just the fact that they are willing to be open and honest and share their hearts with me is a special thing that causes or friendship to grow. I have really been allowing God to stretch me lately, and I have been trusting him to give me the words to speak in these situations and also when I am praying for people, instead of using my own reasoning. At those points when the Holy Spirit guides my words it is him who is investing in people! It is great when I can encourage people, but lives change, bondage is broken, and people are set free when the Holy Spirit speaks to them! As I think about our theme for this year on service, I want to sacrifice my own words so I can serve God better!

No comments:

Post a Comment