Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Determination to do it Right

I got through my internship book last night, and I read about the importance of taking care of your marriage and your children and not getting caught up in ministry and neglecting them. Robyn and I have been learning and gr owning in this area. It is tough when the people you are ministering to are having tough times. it makes it so easy to ignore my wife. We have taken some measures to make sure we have some time together and it has been good. As the book says, one of the keys to success in your ministry is to be successful in your marriage and parenting. I was encouraged as I read through the book, because a lot of the things it suggests we are doing already, but I know I can't allow myself to just coast on this. As I heard at our youth leadership conference; we can always do things better. I am determined to do things right in this area of my life. It is critical. And on this morning as I sit in Cedar Rapids at training today and tomorrow, I am anxiously awaiting getting home only to leave again for the weekend. I am thankful for an understanding and patient wife. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment